How to Improve your Communication Skills
Understanding more about your own behavioral style tendencies and those of other people can greatly enhance your interpersonal skills. In Japan, understanding cross-cultural communication makes you more effective in your communication.
This high-impact training by Dr. David Sweet will teach you more about yourself is by measuring your behavioral style strengths with a DISC profile. It is called "the DISC" because of the first letter of each of the 4 styles:A complete DiSC® profile in either Japanese or English
Dominance: Direct and Decisive. D’s are strong-willed, strong-minded people who like accepting challenges, taking action, and getting immediate results.
Influence: Optimistic and Outgoing. i’s are “people people” who like participating on teams, sharing ideas, and energizing and entertaining others.
Steadiness: Sympathetic and Cooperative. S’s are helpful people who like working behind the scenes, performing in consistent and predictable ways, and being good listeners.
Conscientiousness: Concerned and Correct. C’s are sticklers for quality and like planning ahead, employing systematic approaches, and checking and re-checking for accuracy.
About the DiSC® Classic Profile
With over 30 years of proven reliability and over 40 million users, DiSC® Classic remains the most trusted learning instrument in the industry. It is used worldwide to help improve communication, ease frustration and conflict, and develop effective managers and teams.
How It Can Be Used
The DiSC profile can be used in a variety of settings. When you learn how to adapt your style to other people, it can greatly enhance your interpersonal skills in a variety of situations, as follows:
· Helping team members understand and communicate with each other more effectively.
· Helping managers adapt their management approach for improved interactions with their staff.
· Helping salespeople create and maintain relationship-based sales opportunities.
· Helping customer service professionals manage difficult situations
How to Learn to Improve your Skills with DiSC
It is important to not just understand your own style, but be able to recognize the styles of other people in order to best adapt your approach. When this is done effectively, communication is enhanced and relationships improve.
To learn more about your own behavioral style and that of your coworkers, managers or friends you will take an online DiSC Classic Profile® (available in Japanese or English).
You will then have a supercharged training session where you will learn how to better communicate with those around you.
What You’ll Learn
· Four types of selling approaches
· Discovering your approach
· It’s about your them, not you
What is behavioral?
· A working definition
· Finding a simple, common language
· Does it work in Japan?
Your style and reading others
· Learning to read people
· Two important questions to ask
· Four quadrants
· Warnings to remember
Communication and body language
· Using available information for understanding others
· Beyond the questions
· 3 tools to understanding others
DiSC® in action
· Video examples & practice
· Profile attributes
· The typical job title
· Do’s and Don’t’s in selling to each type
Putting your ideas into action
· Working with a key customer
· Action plans
＊ Held in English